Have you ever dreamed of living in a sustainable neighborhood with organic permaculture gardens in which the community shares the harvest each week?
Being able to practice yoga with your neighbors on an open-air platform with a view of nature in every direction and swim in a large shared saltwater pool?
Having the perfect combination of being one with nature and yet with the ease of modern living?
What if we threw in an alternative school of international recognition? Casa Sula, was created and maintained by this community, and is the only alternative school of its kind in Costa Rica. Imagine learning where children absorb materials through experiences and let their desire to learn guide them in their studies.
If this is something you have always wanted, then the community of La Ecovilla is for you. There are currently five homes for sale in this unique and amazing international community and you can be as elegant or as “close to nature” as you would like to be. All ranges are to be found.
1) Metamorphosis. Who wouldn’t want to live in a home that was designed in the shape of a butterfly? This three bedroom home with an office has an incredible view, a jacuzzi on the balcony, and a guest home on the side. You feel such peace that you will never want to leave.
2) Triskel. Open to nature. Who says you have to live within four walls? This 6 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom home has the main living area open to nature which can only be done in the perfect weather of Costa Rica. Four of the bedrooms have private entrances as well so they are perfect for a B&B in a free spirit living style.
3) The New Moon. Stone elegance. The use of nature through stonework and natural woods bring an elegance which blends in with the nature around. Three bedroom, 2 bath home in the shape of a new moon.
4) Luxury living. All of the luxuries of life were combined with the ecofriendly environment of this community. Three bedrooms with exquisite bathrooms, plus an office and oversized garage.
5) Low maintenance and high tech. This home uses technology to provide comfort for its human inhabitants while being very friendly to the environment. Solar electricity, special wall structure to keep everything cool, and a flooring which is above ground to allow air flow and keep the home flexible.
Having lived in Costa Rica for 18 years, I have never seen community living combined with environmental awareness and human comfort so perfectly intertwined. Located only 30 minutes from Atenas, 30 minutes to the beach, and 20 minutes to the new international airport that is being built, it is conveniently located to everything and yet, you would never need to leave if you didn’t want to. Forty homes make up this very special place that is only awaiting your participation.
Tina Newton was a licensed Realtor in the States and has lived in Costa Rica for over 18 years. She is co-owner of Tristan & Newton Real Estate with her business partner Cecilia Tristan who has been a broker in Costa Rica for 40 years and is an attorney and notary public with the firm Gomez, Tristan, & Tristan. They are always available to answer your questions on real estate and life in Costa Rica in general. Relocation is their specialty with everything under one roof. Check out the website, Facebook page, or send them an email.
A special thanks to the professional photographers who took the photos for the owners of these beautiful homes.